Our Business Analysts work with our customers and internal delivery team to successfully identify and implement requirements for their projects. The Business Analyst is responsible for defining, analyzing, validating and documenting business needs and processes, and using them to develop requirements. A successful Business Analyst must be resourceful, detail-oriented, and self-directed, with a passion for understanding Roeing’s clients’ business. Outstanding listening skills, genuine interest in fostering teamwork, a willingness to provide honest feedback, and extreme ownership are keys to the success of our projects.
A qualified candidate will be able to:
- Lead and/or participate in requirements gathering and analysis sessions with clients to determine project requirements.
- Elicit and identify project requirements from client end users.
- Validate requirements by providing option comparisons and justifications.
- Provide gap analysis and needs assessments to uncover business needs.
- Review and finalize extensive functional and technical documentation.
- Elicit and translate high-level business needs into specific and concise processes.
- Apply testing strategies to ensure successful execution and appropriate application of solutions.
- Provide high-level project/status updates and prepared reports to designated recipients.
- Be self-organized and track completion of assigned tasks including successful delivery of assigned project milestones.
- Prepare and present training content to clients as needed.
- Create of project documentation to include user manuals, training deliverables, business requirements documentation, test scripts and work product validation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills to include internal/external interaction, documentation and presentations.
- Experience working in SDLC, testing and validating solutions, and working as a Business Analyst.
- Proficiency in Microsoft CRM, Visio, and SharePoint preferred.
- Proven ability to self-manage and complete project deliverables.
- Confident in making decisions, accurate, detailed-oriented and able to problem solve/analyze.
- Good interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication and basic project management skills.
- Functional and/or Technical Certifications as deemed appropriate for specialization.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or business administration desired, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Business Analysis: 3 years (Preferred)
Indianapolis & Lafayette, Indiana
- United States (Required)
- Health, dental and vision packages
- 401(k) plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Vacation & Holiday pay
- Section 125
Skills & Educational Requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team building, positive thinking, can-do attitude, and job flexibility)
- Agile/Scrum certification preferred but not required
Founded in 1979 in Lafayette, IN, Roeing is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. Roeing’s differentiation is that it specializes in both Software Development and Infrastructure Managed Services. A true dev/ops shop with a team of more than 50 IT and business professionals. Roeing serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. Roeing is committed to providing the most leading-edge technology solutions, and with that, ensures that staff stay current on viable technologies and necessary certifications.